Community Center

Donations

Help us to continue making a difference in the Pocomoke community by making a tax deductible donation to Pocomoke City Volunteer Fire Co.

paypal

Our Mission

The mission of the Pocomoke City Fire Company is to protect the lives and property of Pocomoke City and its surrounding area, through emergency response, education, and prevention.

Latest News

Don Malloy - Gold Badge # 117 Has answered his last alarm.

Donald Lawrence Malloy, 84, of Pocomoke City, MD, died Tuesday, August 22 2017, in his home. Born in Butler County, Pennsylvania on July 23, 1933, he was a son of the late John Francis Malloy and Mary Loretto Malloy Donald, known to most as Don, moved to Pocomoke in 1960 and dedicated his life to the town. His local contributions include; Jaycees, Civic Council, Board of Directors for the Mar-Va Theater, four time Exalted Ruler at the Elks Lodge #1624, Choir Director at Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church, Master of Ceremonies for the Little Miss Pocomoke Contest, Head Umpire for Pocomoke Little League, and Pocomoke City Councilman. He was also instrumental in the design and construction of the Cypress Park Nature Trail and was Santa Claus for over fifty years in the Pocomoke Christmas Parade. He proudly served as a member of the Pocomoke City Volunteer Fire Department for 48 years, was one of the first professional CRTs on the Ambulance Squad, and faithfully manned the Fire Department's Annual Chicken BBQ Fundraiser. Though not a town native, he is nonetheless remembered as one of Pocomoke's most active, reliable citizens. His family has been comforted by many who have reached out in fondness and gratitude for Don's generosity of spirit and incorrigible sense of humor. He married Hannah Matthews in 1956 and is survived by five children; Kevin Malloy of Denver, Kathy Breithut and Mark Malloy of Pocomoke, Tracy Williams of Richmond, and Lisa Boltz of Ocean City; five grandchildren, Matthew Williams of New York City, Josh Malloy of Washington DC, Corey Williams of Ocean City, Eric Breithut of Pocomoke, and Hannah Boltz of Ocean City; and one great-grandchild, three month old Olivia Breithut, whom he got to see and hold in the last months of his life and one sister, Rita Malloy Jackson of La Palma, CA. Other loving family members include David Williams of Richmond, Angie Freimiller Malloy, Dale Fetzer and Kyla Truax of Pocomoke, Ron Boltz of Ocean City, Jenn Hughes and Aubrey Rolleston of Pocomoke. In addition to his parents he was preceded in death by ten brothers and sisters. A memorial service will be held at the Pocomoke City Elks Lodge, 1944 Worcester Highway, Saturday at 5pm. Contributions may be made in his memory to Coastal Hospice, P.O. Box 1733, Salisbury, MD 21803 or the Pocomoke Volunteer Fire Department, 1410 Market Street, Pocomoke City, MD 21851. Arrangements are in the care of the Holloway Funeral Home, 107 Vine Street, Pocomoke City, MD 21851. Online condolences can be sent to www.hollowayfh.com.

Aug 22, 2017

Motor Vehicle Collision

The Pocomoke City Vol. Fire Co., Pocomoke EMS and Pocomoke City Police responded to a motor vehicle collision on Ocean Highway (Rt 13) at Linden Ave. (McDonalds). Two vehicles were involved. One person from each vehicle was transported to PRMC by Pocomoke EMS Ambulance. Time of the call was 9:57 p.m.

Aug 19, 2017

Helping A Brother Fireman - Additional Photos

The Antioch Angel Corps came to the need of a Pocomoke Fireman, Paul Troast. Paul has been in the hospital and rehab for nearly a month with a blood clot in his lower leg. When he comes home he won't be able to walk for several months. A ramp to his home was needed. Members of the Pocomoke Fire came to his need....assisting the Antioch Angel Corps from Antioch United Methodist Church in Princess Anne. Special thanks to: Rick Nelson, Jerry Boston & Bill Benson. Here's what was done on July 31, 2017...almost finished.

Jul 31, 2017

Residential structure fire...Old Snow Hill Rd.

The call came in as residential structure fire on Old Snow Hill Rd. The occupants of the home said there was smoke coming from behind the cook stove. It was discovered that an overheated wire from the stove had burned an area on the wall of the kitchen. Quick work by fire fighters - turned the power off to the electric stove and removed the stove from the residence then ventilated the home using the smoke ejector. There was no other damage and no injuries.

Jul 31, 2017

Check out these older pictures.

Jul 29, 2017

Recruitment

img

Photo of the Day

Recent Calls

Wed Sep, 20 2017 @ 15:40

Nature: Al Aid Assist Outside Agy

Address: Rehobeth Rd and Overholt Rd

City: Pocomoke, MD 21851

Tue Sep, 19 2017 @ 17:15

Nature: Electrical Hazard

Location: Dist: 14.76 Ft

Address: Broad St and 5Th St

City: Pocomoke, MD 21851

Sun Sep, 17 2017 @ 19:17

Nature: Fire Alarm

Address: 2733 Worcester Hwy

City: Pocomoke, MD 21851

Sun Sep, 17 2017 @ 19:12

Nature: Fire Alarm

Location: Holiday Inn Express

Address: 125 Newtowne Blvd

City: Pocomoke, MD 21851

Alarm Statistics

Jan July
Feb Aug
Mar Sep
Apr Oct
May Nov
Jun Dec
2016 79
2015 285
2014 232

Local Weather

Currently:

83º

light rain

Wind Speed:3.71 mph

Forecast